Konica Minolta Sensing Americas has launched of its newest benchtop spectrophotometer, the CM-3700A.
Konica Minolta Sensing Americas has launched of its newest benchtop spectrophotometer, the CM-3700A. The spectrophotometer is an updated version of the now discontinued CM-3700d. Inheriting the same optical system technology as its predecessor, it offers the same excellent performance and measurement data compatibility while adding a new USB communication interface, a larger sample area designed to accommodate larger sheet samples and a newly engineered “soft close” sample holder.
Main features include:
1. Reflectance and transmittance: The CM-3700A can measure both the reflectance of opaque objects and the transmittance of transparent or translucent solid materials.
2. UV adjustment for fluorescent materials: Accurate measurement of materials containing fluorescent whitening agents requires the precise control of the UV component of the illumination in the measuring instrument. The CM-3700A enables the degree of UV in the illumination to be controlled with a UV cutoff filter. This is accomplished using a 400nm UV Cutoff filter which is inserted into the instruments illumination light path. Determining and setting the filters position manually can be tedious and time consuming. The CM-3700A used with SpectraMagic NX color data software enables the positioning to be performed automatically.
3. New USB interface: The interface has been changed from RS-232C serial to USB providing faster communication and easier connection to newer computers.
4. Larger sample area: The sample holder design has been changed to give it a longer arm to enable measuring the center of an A4-sized sample, and a damper has been added to provide a “slow-close” effect that prevents the sample holder from slamming shut and possibly damaging the measurement sample or pinching fingers.
5. Improved sample holder: A “soft close” sample arm holder now protects samples from being damaged and eliminates unwanted spring back.
6. Protected power switch: A protective frame has been added around the power switch to make it less likely that the switch will be operated by accident.
7. RoHS conformance: The CM-3700A is in full conformance with the RoHS (Restrictions on Hazardous Substances) directive.