Unlike a number of other conference programs that cross your desk or pop up in your email wrapped in slick packaging, offering up big name speakers who provide little in the way of helping you or your company get to the next level, the PMPA Management Update Conference is the exact opposite in every respect.
Management Update is designed by owners and managers of precision machined products companies who serve on the association’s Management Update Committee. Through an in-depth planning process, the committee identifies the areas of greatest need across the membership, then locates speakers who are equipped with the tools required to deal with those challenges.
The 2013 Management Update Conference, scheduled for February 14-17, 2013, at the Renaissance Glendale Hotel, Glendale, (Phoenix) Arizona, will address the area of most need for today’s precision machined parts manufacturers, which is personnel. The conference will focus on tools you can use to build and sustain a high performance manufacturing operation.
What you can expect by attending the 2013 event:
- Brian Beaulieu, “Economic Outlook for 2013 & Beyond” – hear from one of America’s most accurate economic forecasters
- Dr. Dean Schroeder, “Ideas are Free” – learn how the best companies get the most from their front- line employees
- Rick Murray, “Leveraging the Power of Social Media to Strengthen Your Business” – learn how to create a culture of innovation and creativity within your organization
- Kathleen Teehan, “Using Human Capital Analytics to Develop High Performing Teams” – learn about the powerful tools available to make better personnel decisions
- Dave Schreiner & Melanie Webber, “Employment Law Update” – learn from PMPA’s legal advisors what challenges lie ahead in complying with the myriad of rules and regulations implemented at the federal level which will impact employers
- Brigadier General Nick Halley, “Leadership Under Fire” – learn from a battle tested veteran commander and business expert on how to improve your leadership skills
- Assistant Secretary of Labor – OSHA, Dr. David Michaels, “Common Sense Worker Protection Programs” – this interactive discussion moderated by PMPA’s Miles Free will provide an open forum to discuss issues related to common sense regulation and workplace safety
- Karen Martin, “Fulfilling Lean’s Promise: Building the Foundation for Everyday Excellence” – learn how to utilize the minimum resources necessary to achieve maximum results while simultaneously creating a safe and stimulating work environment
- Art Hoekstra, “Human Performance Systems” – learn how to develop and implement systems that will help maximize the performance of your people and organization
- Federated Insurance (speaker to be named), “Healthcare in America” – receive an update on health insurance issues for small companies and where this is all going in terms of cost, coverage and government regulation
- John Guzik & Omar Nashashibi, “Now that the Election is Over – What Can We Expect from our Government?” – on the heels of a national election, what will the priorities be in Washington, D.C. with a seating of a new Congress and how will these changes impact your business?
Beyond this powerful line-up of educational sessions, you will enjoy plenty of opportunities to connect with other business leaders from manufacturing companies across North America that share many of the same concerns as you. This meeting is open to both member and nonmember companies, so don’t miss your opportunity to meet with other top performers at this outstanding national-level event and share best practices.
As usual, the conference is being held over the weekend, beginning with a welcome reception Thursday, February 14 and ending Sunday, February 17 at 10 a.m., so your time away from the shop will be extremely minimized. As an association of small- to medium-size manufacturers, the Management Update Committee understands the need to limit the time away from daily business responsibilities.
The Management Update Committee urges you and your management team to make the PMPA Management Update Conference an essential piece of your business plan in the first quarter of 2013. More details at: pmpa.org.