First-Ever Conference Planned on Conformal Cooling
'Game-changing' technology for molders is the subject of September conference.
Robert A. Beard & Associates, Inc. a well-known provider of technical, engineering and management support for plastics and Plastic Technologies, Inc. (PTI), a global leader in plastic-based package development is announcing the inaugural 2014 Conformal Cooling Conference.
The conference, Injection Molding Technology for Increased Efficiency and Profitability, is aimed at helping OEMs, injection molders, and moldmakers to learn more about the advantages of conformal cooling.
The event will take place on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at Automation Alley, Troy, Mich. Fees are $ 495.00, which includes lunch and any conference related materials. The session will begin 8:30 AM, with registration open at 8:00 AM.
Beard calls conformal cooling of injection molds "a game changer in the molding industry." Typical cycle reductions of 20% - 40% can be realized, lower reject rates are accomplished because of uniform cooling and stronger parts are achieved through lower molded-in stress.
“This technology accelerates the speed of heat transfer and does so more evenly on curved and complex geometry than with conventional molds. This results in improved quality and increased profitability,” states Beard. Click here for an article Beard wrote on the subject in the June 2014 issue of Plastics Technology.
Presentations will include:
- Jeff Higgins, Moldflow Corp.: The Design & Analysis of Conformal Cooling Channels.
- Reiner Westoff, Contura MTC GmbH: Vacuum Brazed Conformal Cooled Molds and Rapid Heat Rapid Cool Process.
- Augustin Niavas, EOS GmbH: Direct Metal Laser Sintering DMLS.
- Doug Hepler, Polyshot: Vacuum Brazed Hot Runner Manifolds and Design Guide For Conformal Cooled Molds.
- Barry Sutherland, North Coast Industrial Imaging: Technologies & Techniques For Troubleshooting Conformal Cooled Molds.