Webinar Links CAM Software and Multitasking Efficiency
10. February 2014
Multitasking technology allows manufacturers to select from a variety of part production scenarios. However, it’s not always easy to identify the most efficient process for a job. In response, Mazak will host a free webinar on Tuesday, February 18 at 2 p.m. EST that will explore the role CAM software plays in process planning and optimizing mill-turn operations.
Derek Patrick, Esprit application engineer for DP Technology, will present this Mazak webinar titled “Process Planning for Improved Multitasking Machining.” He will discuss how process planning via CAM software can take the complexity out of multitasking machining so manufacturers can produce parts easier and more efficiently.
By the end of the 30-minute webinar, participants will be able to:
- evaluate different machining scenarios and determine which one is the most efficient for their shop;
- understand how to coordinate multiple operations for maximizing machine uptime;
- calculate the average working diameter for OD and ID operations to determine if the two are a good match for simultaneous turning on the same spindle;
- use synchronization codes to coordinate simultaneous machining operations; and
- perform a time study analysis for evaluating a complete machining process.
Registration for the free webinar is now open on Mazak's website.