Pellet & Regrind Loaders
Vacuum loaders transfer pellets and regrind from one or more sources (usually a Gaylord) to a single destination (usually a blender, drying hopper or machine throat).
Hopper mount models (typically have capacities that range from 1/8 through 1 cu. ft.)
Machine mount models typically range from 1/8 through 1 cu. ft.
Options for abrasive or hot materials ( over 250° F.) are available.
There are several variations on loader design:
- Conventional dump throat
- Flat bottom with internal dump throat
- Internal filter screen to collect dust & fines
- Filter-less design
- Receivers may be stainless steel, carbon steel or aluminum
- Exterior surface may be painted or brushed – even electro-polished
Some features to look for include:
- Stainless steel body – wears longer
- Modular design – for easy access and cleanout
- Tangential Material Inlet Deflector/Flapper
Provides cyclonic air/material separation which minimizes material degradation
- Deflector flapper w/ gasket – ensures that blowback does not travel down material line
- Gasket on dump throat - maintains seal for high vacuum level
- ‘No-load’ alarm and silencer button – warns of empty material source
- Automatic pulsed blowback – to reduce frequency of manual cleaning
- Machine mount models should have level sensor – to avoid over loading
Typical accessories include:
- Brushless motor – to reduce maintenance