Entek, Lebanon, Ore, has introduced new QC3 (for quick change, clean and quality control) features to both its 27- and 53-mm (pictured) co-rotating twin-screw compounding extruders. These features were originally introduced on the all-new Entek QC3 43-mm co-rotating twin-screw extruder that the company launched at NPE2015 (see March NPE2015 Preview issue).
The addition of these new features to the 27-and 53-mm machines marks the next phase of the plan to integrate many of the features of the QC3-43MM machine into the entire ENTEK twin-screw extruder product line. These features were incorporated into the new QC3-43-mm after several years of design and development, where Entek worked closely with its customers and used lean principles to deliver a machine that provides important benefits to compounders.
New features now being incorporated into the new sizes include:
- Quick-align shaft to gearbox couplers;
- Shroud covers incorporating single-turn fasteners;
- Quick-open guards for easy access to screw couplings and clutch;
- Air deflector on end of motor; and
- Point-of-use tool kit with all necessary tools mounted in holder on machine.
Editor PickCompounder, Color Concentrate House Turns 50
Modern Dispersions founder Janos Kozma's started in his garage after he emigrated from Hungary.