Entek, Lebanon, Ore, has introduced new QC3 (for quick change, clean and quality control) features to both its 27- and 53-mm (pictured) co-rotating twin-screw compounding extruders. These features were originally introduced on the all-new Entek QC3 43-mm co-rotating twin-screw extruder that the company launched at NPE2015 (see March NPE2015 Preview issue).
The addition of these new features to the 27-and 53-mm machines marks the next phase of the plan to integrate many of the features of the QC3-43MM machine into the entire ENTEK twin-screw extruder product line. These features were incorporated into the new QC3-43-mm after several years of design and development, where Entek worked closely with its customers and used lean principles to deliver a machine that provides important benefits to compounders.
New features now being incorporated into the new sizes include:
- Quick-align shaft to gearbox couplers;
- Shroud covers incorporating single-turn fasteners;
- Quick-open guards for easy access to screw couplings and clutch;
- Air deflector on end of motor; and
- Point-of-use tool kit with all necessary tools mounted in holder on machine.
Editor PickOptimize Feeding to Make More Money in Twin-Screw Compounding
Follow these practical examples to improve the feeding efficiency and productivity of your process.