Plastic Flow, LLC , Hancock, Mich., has just released a Pay Per Execution (PPX) version of its extrusion die design software, polyXtrue. This means users pay only for the executions they submit—the software is free. What’s more, users don’t have to generate a finite-element mesh in the PPX version of the software. Here’s how it works:
1. Users download the free software at plasticflow.com/PPXDownload.php.
2. Users then import die geometry, specify material, and define processing conditions.
3. They create a Job Submission file and e-mail it to Plastic Flow.
4. Plastic Flow generates the mesh, executes the analysis, and sends the results back.
5. Users can plot all the results in the PPX version, just like in the full version of polyXtrue.