A new instrument that simultaneously measures total transmission—haze and clarity according to ASTM and ISO test methods, is newly available from Paul N. Gardner Co. (Gardco), Pompano Beach, Fla., Haze-Gard i features state-of-the-art optics and LED technology for what the company claims is unprecedented performance. Key features of the 40-lb, 24 x 13 x 9 in. unit include:
• Open design of measurement compartments that allows users to work freely to analyze any sample size.
• Fast change and positioning of samples with no influence of ambient light.
• Versatile sample holder for films and sheets, sample holders for taber abrasion test & cuvettes for liquids optional.
• Direct data transfer via USB-port to PC.
• Horizontal or vertical set-up for flexible handling of any sample size.
• Onboard analysis of data with easy storage on instrument and smart-lab haze data analysis software—from simple data tables of single test series to trend reports over time.
Editor PickThe Need for Generalists: Part 4
Solving problems generally requires distinguishing good samples from bad ones. But that can become clumsy when one person runs the test while another analyzes the data.