A number of new standard mold components will be displayed by Hasco America Inc., Fletcher, N.C., at NPE in Orlando this month. These include:
• Heat-resistant permanent magnets (photo) to hold metal inserts while overmolding (also shown at Fakuma 2014—see January Close Up). Brass housings won’t magnetize mold plates.
• Wider mold-base ejector risers to minimize deflection.
• Ejector-plate thread adapters to replace the short thread in the ejector package and provide a longer holding thread for more reliable transmission of ejection force.
• Thinner diverter elements for cooling circuits that pass water from one insert to another without drilling extra holes in plates.
• Cool Cross molded nylon component that allows two cooling channels to cross each other in the same plane (see Feb. ’14 K 2013 report).
Editor PickNews in Hot Runners & Tooling At Fakuma 2014
Novelties included variable-pitch manifolds, mold servo controls, 3D printed plastic mold inserts, and flexible/formable cooling channels.