This list is a comprehensive collection of product announcements provided by companies.
You are viewing products related to: Biopolymers & Renewable Materials
MATERIALS: Biobased Nylon 410 for Window Insulating Profiles
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: A new EcopaXX nylon 410 grade launched by DSM Engineering Plastics offers both manufacturing and environmental benefits in insulating profiles for aluminum windows.
New Product Announcements Published: 8/30/2013
MATERIALS: Renewable Polymer from Agricultural Waste
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Enso Plastics has introduced a renewable starch-based thermoplastic derived from potato farming waste. It can be used alone or blended with PP or PE.
New Product Announcements Published: 7/31/2013
MATERIALS: Adhesive Tie-Layer Resins with Over 95% Renewable Content
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Two new grades of Polybond functionalized polymers used as tie layers in multilayer thermoplastics applications such as pipe have been launched by Addivant, Middlebury, Conn., a new company formed from the Antioxidant and UV Stabilize...
New Product Announcements Published: 5/28/2013
MATERIALS: Compostable PHA Film Resin with Easier Processing
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Metabolix Inc., Cambridge, Mass., has come out with a new compostable film grade of PHA biopolymer, Mvera B5008, which is certified compostable by European standards.
New Product Announcements Published: 1/1/2013
MATERIALS: Biocomposite Uses ‘Green’ HDPE
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: RheTech, Inc., offers a new grade of RheVision biocomposite using sugar cane-based HDPE supplied by Brazil’s Braskem (U.S. office in Philadelphia, Pa.). The initial product is RheTech’s first “green biocomposite,&rdq...
New Product Announcements Published: 12/4/2012
MATERIALS: ‘Biovinyl’ Compounds for Wire & Cable
- Nearly 50 new PVC compounds that incorporate new biobased, non-phthalate plasticizers and other formulation enhancements that address the “green” concerns of wire and cable users will be introduced commercially in the first quarter of 20...
New Product Announcements Published: 11/29/2012
MATERIALS: Biobased PHA Enhances Processing & Performance of PVC
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Metabolix, Inc., Cambridge, Mass., has developed a series of biobased PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoate) copolymers that act as plasticizers, impact modifiers, and processing aids for rigid and flexible PVC.
New Product Announcements Published: 11/3/2012
MATERIALS: Biodegradable PLA Blend for Mulch Film
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: BASF has expanded its line of biodegradable resins with a grade for agricultural films.
New Product Announcements Published: 5/1/2012
MATERIALS: New Bioplastic Compounds for Durables
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Two compounders recently launched new grades of compounds based on biopolymers or on biofiber reinforcements.
New Product Announcements Published: 2/29/2012
ADDITIVES: Modifier Boosts PLA Melt Strength
- A new melt-strength enhancer in masterbatch form increases the pull force that can be applied to molten polylactic acid (PLA) by 300% to 500%. This makes possible higher throughputs in PLA extrusion and thermoforming while reducing scrap rates, says...
New Product Announcements Published: 12/28/2011