This list is a comprehensive collection of product announcements provided by companies.
You are viewing products related to: Biopolymers & Renewable Materials
MATERIALS: Compostable PHA Film Resin with Easier Processing
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Metabolix Inc., Cambridge, Mass., has come out with a new compostable film grade of PHA biopolymer, Mvera B5008, which is certified compostable by European standards.
New Product Announcements Published: 1/1/2013
MATERIALS: Biocomposite Uses ‘Green’ HDPE
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: RheTech, Inc., offers a new grade of RheVision biocomposite using sugar cane-based HDPE supplied by Brazil’s Braskem (U.S. office in Philadelphia, Pa.). The initial product is RheTech’s first “green biocomposite,&rdq...
New Product Announcements Published: 12/4/2012
MATERIALS: ‘Biovinyl’ Compounds for Wire & Cable
- Nearly 50 new PVC compounds that incorporate new biobased, non-phthalate plasticizers and other formulation enhancements that address the “green” concerns of wire and cable users will be introduced commercially in the first quarter of 20...
New Product Announcements Published: 11/29/2012
MATERIALS: Biobased PHA Enhances Processing & Performance of PVC
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Metabolix, Inc., Cambridge, Mass., has developed a series of biobased PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoate) copolymers that act as plasticizers, impact modifiers, and processing aids for rigid and flexible PVC.
New Product Announcements Published: 11/3/2012
MATERIALS: Biodegradable PLA Blend for Mulch Film
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: BASF has expanded its line of biodegradable resins with a grade for agricultural films.
New Product Announcements Published: 5/1/2012
MATERIALS: New Bioplastic Compounds for Durables
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Two compounders recently launched new grades of compounds based on biopolymers or on biofiber reinforcements.
New Product Announcements Published: 2/29/2012
ADDITIVES: Modifier Boosts PLA Melt Strength
- A new melt-strength enhancer in masterbatch form increases the pull force that can be applied to molten polylactic acid (PLA) by 300% to 500%. This makes possible higher throughputs in PLA extrusion and thermoforming while reducing scrap rates, says...
New Product Announcements Published: 12/28/2011
ADDITIVES: Foaming Agent for Bioresins
- Ecocell GT from Polyfil Corp., Rockaway, N.J., is a new grade of the supplier’s Ecocell endothermic chemical foaming agent, in this case tailored for bioresin extrusion applications.
New Product Announcements Published: 10/5/2011
MATERIALS: Clear, Flexible PLA Blend for Blown Film
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: A clear, flexible resin that’s biodegradable and has a high content of renewable resources has been introduced for blown film by FKuR of Germany (U.S. office in Cedar Park, Tex.). Its new Bio-Flex F 2201 CL is a blend of PLA bio...
New Product Announcements Published: 10/4/2011
MATERIALS: Clear Biodegradable Cellulosic Plastic
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: A clear, high-flow injection molding grade of biodegradable cellulosic resin will debut at next month’s Fakuma show in Germany.
New Product Announcements Published: 9/2/2011