Struktol Co. of America offers a line of specialty additives designed for superior blending and dispersion as well as lubrication and processing enhancement properties. Products, especially efficient where highly filled plastics are compounded, include:
- STRUKTOL® TPW 243 Compatibilizer for Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Materials. Has the ability to bond organic and inorganic materials by a free radical source through an ionic mechanism initiated by hydrolysis. We also offer STRUKTOL® TPW 244 as a powder form.
- STRUKTOL® RP 11 This new additive is designed as a processing additive and mold release, and works especially well in polypropylene to modify viscosity.
- STRUKTOL® TR 044W This heat-stabilized processing agent provides improved flow and release in many polymers, and especially for polar or filled engineering resins currently using PETs. Effective in improving processability and physical properties of recycled PET.
- STRUKTOL® TR 063A Engineered process additive for nylon resin and compounds designed to provide improved processing characteristics of filled and unfilled polyamides. Typical improvements at the compounding stage are reduced die build-up (“die bearding”) and die drool. For injection molding applications, processors can expect to see better flow and mold filling vs. typical lubricants such as metal stearates or amide waxes.
- STRUKTOL® TR 151-40 Internal Lubricant for PVC / External Lubricant for Polyolefins Glycerol monostearate (GMS). It is an excellent internal and external lubricant with some anti-static characteristics.
- STRUKTOL® TR 219 A unique product; a compatibilizer with lubricants to create a combination product that aids in the incorporation of fillers (mineral or glass) with improved mixing and flow properties as well as mold release. It is for use in Nylon 6 and 6,6 and has been found to also work in PET compounds, especially recycled applications or in the case of PET contaminated with other plastics.
- STRUKTOL® TR 229 A unique product that is a combination of blending aid compatibilizer with processing lubricant for use in both PC and PC/ABS blends as well as Nylon 6 and 6,6 compounds. It can be used in FDA applications. It is also ideal for use in recycled applications.
- STRUKTOL® TR EBS Dispersant Ethylene bisstearamide wax for a wide range of polymers used for improved dispersion of pigments and fillers and viscosity modification. STRUKTOL® TR EBS VG is manufactured from high quality vegetable acid with low iodine value.
- STRUKTOL® V-EGS Ethylene Glycol Distearate. A very compatible internal/external lubricant for rigid PVC.
- STRUKTOL® V-HRW Hydroxy Glycerol Ester for PVC and Polymer Processing. A highly compatible lubricant with both internal and external properties.
- STRUKTOL® V-PEAS LA Lubricant Additive for PVC and Polymer Processing Pentaerythritol Adipate St. Calender Grade. Use as an external lubricant for calendering.
- STRUKTOL® V-PEDS Pentaerythritol Distearate for PVC and Polymer Processing. Excellent as an internal/external lubricant for extruded profiles and molded goods.
- STRUKTOL® V-PETS Pentaerythritol Tetrastearate for PVC and Polymer Processing. Functions as an external lubricant for extruded profiles and molded goods.
- STRUKTOL® V-SSE Stearyl Stearate for PVC and Polymer Processing. Used in extrusion, calendering and injection molding applications. It also has excellent applicability in extruded complex profile.
Odor Neutralizing/Masking Additive
- STRUKTOL® RP 17 This product may be added during compounding, extrusion or molding to eliminate or mask undesirable odors often associated with the addition of post-industrial or post-consumer recyclate streams or other ingredients used in compounding.
- STRUKTOL® RP 28 - A compatibilizer and blending aid that reduces splay in colored and/or filled olefins. Extremely compatible with olefins and can be used to increase extrusion output rates.
- STRUKTOL® TR 016 - An extremely effective lubricant and wetting agent that can be used in a wide variety of polymer systems. Also provides release characteristics.
- STRUKTOL® TR 041 - FDA-sanctioned nonionic wetting agent aids in the incorporation and dispersion of polar fillers and pigments. Specifically effective for highly loaded flame-retardant compounds.
- STRUKTOL® TR 077 - An efficient lubricant system that works extremely well in filled and unfilled nylon for processability improvement and increased output rates.
- STRUKTOL® TR 121 Slip Agent, Lubricant, Mold Release Agent. A primary oleamide used as a slip agent in polyolefins. Its uniform bloom makes it a valuable flow and release agent in thermoplastics and thermoset elastomers.
- STRUKTOL® TR 131 Slip Agent, Lubricant, Mold Release Agent. Erucic acid amide used as a higher temperature slip agent. Its slower migration rate is beneficial for printing films.
- STRUKTOL® TR 251 is a blend of anionic and nonionic surfactants for areas where EBS is being used. An effective dispersant and wetting agent for pigments and fillers in a wide variety of polymer systems. STRUKTOL® TR 255 is the FDA version.
- STRUKTOL® TR 451 Specifically designed for use in highly loaded mineral filled polyolefins. This unique additive allows compounders to utilize untreated minerals while maintaining or improving the processing and physical property characteristics typically associated with treated minerals.
- USP grade STRUKTOL® Zinc Stearate available in dust-free, environmentally friendly prill or pellet form is a versatile dispersion and processing additive that meets all USP guidelines for use in pharmaceutical products.
- Clear-melt STRUKTOL® Zinc Stearate, available in dust-free, environmentally friendly prill or pellet form is recommended for general-purpose PS where clarity is needed.
Processing Additives for WPC
- STRUKTOL® TPW 012 Designed for PVC compounds, especially for composite formulations. It is a blend of internal and external lubricants as well as compatabilizers and processing aids for optimum processing and output rates. This unique system is considered a "one pack" eliminating the need for any other lubes including calcium stearate.
- STRUKTOL® TPW 104 Designed primarily for polyethylene and polypropylene composites to compatabilize, improve homogeneity, processability, output rates and surface quality. Has also been used in other polymers.
- STRUKTOL® TPW 113 Designed for filled olefin compounds as a processing aid and acts as a synergist to enhance properties where coupling agents are employed.
- STRUKTOL® TPW 709 A highly efficient lubricant used when a broad range of composites are in the mix and can be used with or without coupling agents.
- STRUKTOL® Montan Wax E Montanic Ester Wax. Offers superior plate out resistance for calendered and molded goods.
- STRUKTOL® Montan Wax OP Montanic Ester Wax - Partially Saponified. Higher melt temperature alternative to Montan Wax E.
- STRUKTOL® PE(O)-300 Oxidized High Molecular Weight Polyethylene. External lubricant for rigid and plasticized PVC.
- STRUKTOL® PE(O)-600 Oxidized Low Molecular Weight Polyethylene. External lubricant for rigid and plasticized PVC.
- STRUKTOL® V-Wax E Montan Ester Wax Alternative (Processed Natural Wax). Offers superior plate out resistance for calendered and molded goods.
- STRUKTOL® V-Wax OP Montan Ester Wax Alternative (Saponified Processed Natural Wax). A higher melt temperature alternative to V-Wax E.
Our Quality Management System has ISO 9001:2008 with Design Certification