Ride the Lightning - Conductivity Measurement for the Optimized Compound Formulation
September 23, 2020
You may need to install the GoToMeeting Codec for Windows Media Player to watch recorded webinars.
Finding the right fill rate of conductive additives that works later in a production environment is a challenging task that consumes time and sometimes expensive proof-of-concept test runs. Lab scale equipment is ideal to minimize the development time to validate and optimize the formulation. This webinar highlights a hands-on case study on a mixing measuring head in combination with a torque rheometer to determine the ideal material formulation to estimate the best process parameters and the best conductivity for the chosen application. Other flexible combinations of test equipment will be shown for extended plastic compound testing setups.
- Formulation development with a torque rheometer
- Conductivity measurement with the mixing measuring head
- Precondition and Application Tips for consistent results
- Learn about the flexible setups of mixing measuring heads with torque rheometers
President, C.W. Brabender Instruments, Inc.
RWTH Aachen University, Germany
plastics processing engineering
- 2002-2008: Institute of Plastics Processing (IKV) at RWTH Aachen University. Development & testing of new rubber compounds and rubber foam extrusion.
- 2012-2014: Brabender GmbH, Germany. He joined the team to support international technical sales and customer service.
- 2014- 2019: Brabender CWB, USA. He took over the responsibility as the laboratory manger - chemical division
- November 2019, Brabender CWB, USA. He was assigned to lead the company as the new President
- Active member ASTM including plastics, rubber and carbon black