Film quality analyzers have become the new standard in the film industry as the preferred quality assurance method over manual gel counter screen over the past few decades. Due to different camera technologies and software settings, a conflict potential is inevitable—not only between company locations but also between vendor and buyer acceptance testing. ASTM did various efforts to bring the legacy guide to a method level with newly-generated statistical data. But even after the completion of the revised ASTM D7310 method, open questions remain. This webinar gives an overview of the challenges based on the material pre-conditioning, equipment setup, process parameter selection, and software settings to achieve a better understanding of what influences the film quality.
- Film quality analyzer options – available camera technology systems
- Material handling and pre-conditioning thoughts
- Equipment setup and process condition recommendations for more consistent results
- Film quality analyzer software – challenges and reporting
Christoph Pielen studied Mechanical Engineering - Specialization of plastics processing engineering - at the RWTH Aachen University, Germany.
- 2002-2008: Institute of Plastics Processing (IKV) at RWTH Aachen University. Development & testing of new rubber compounds and rubber foam extrusion.
- 2012-2014: Brabender GmbH, Germany. He joined the team to support international technical sales and customer service.
- 2014- 2019: Brabender CWB, USA. He took over the responsibility as the laboratory manger - chemical division.
- November 2019, Brabender CWB, USA. He was assigned to lead the company as the new President
- Active member ASTM including plastics, rubber and carbon black