Types of Plastic Injection Molding Machines
All types of injection molding machines are made up of two parts – an injection unit and a clamping unit. It sounds simple enough until you start talking about the wide-ranging needs of the end user. Different industries and indeed different applications require much different machines.
- Fully hydraulic machines offer high clamping force that is needed for big part production.
- All electric machines are perfect for short injection times and provide the best production cleanliness.
- Hybrid machines have excellent energy efficiency and give you more freedom for innovative mold design.
- The ever popular tie-bar-less design allows for absolute freedom to the mold area for complex molds, rapid mold change and unobstructed robot movement.
- Lastly, vertical molding is perfect for overmolding inserts while offering a compact machine design.
Over the years, machines have been designed to fit every application that has presented itself in the injection molding industry.