The Cost of Not Having a Central Handling System
Let’s look at the ramifications of not having a central system – and think about the associated costs – can you estimate your yearly losses from these problems?
If not, help is available. Go to: www.novatec.com/review to register for either a free consultation or a complete plant survey.
It is not unusual to discover tens of thousands – even hundreds of thousands of wasted dollars in a plant without a good centralized resin handling system.
PROBLEMS = LOST PRODUCTION TIME, LOST PROFITS AND LOST CUSTOMERS!
Problems Experienced Without a Central System:
- Space needed for plant consolidation
- If you can’t handle more process machines some other plant will
- Congestion on the floor around machines
- Slows workers – increases spillage and chance of injury
- Lack of material validation/verification
- Can’t bid on contracts where validation required
- Wrong material going to wrong machine
- Lost production time, rejects and lost material
- High material spillage
- Loss of material and labor + safety hazard
- Material related part defects
- Producing scrap instead of saleable parts
- High maintenance/labor costs
- Increased payroll and parts cost
- Frequent material changes
- Lost production time
- Inefficient work flow
- Wastes space and labor
- Lack of Automation
- Adds labor costs and extends lead times
- Constrained production capacity
- Can’t increase revenue
- Lengthy hopper cleanout times
- Increased labor - lost production
- Poor drying of material
- Rejected parts – lost customers
Usually, the cost to install or upgrade an efficient resin handling system is recovered in a matter of months – not years – See examples of central system paybacks. Investment payback in Months – Not Years but a review of conditions in your plant is required to identify areas of loss and possible remedies.