SPE Names Winners of Thermoforming Parts Competition
Creative boundaries pushed in each category, SPE says.
The Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) Thermoforming Division announced the winners of its annual parts competition during it annual conference, held in September in Milwaukee.
This year’s winners are:
● People’s Choice: Plastics Unlimited, for the “Versatile tractor cab roof.”
● Roll-Fed Thin-Gauge Industrial–Gold: Placon, for the “Orthofix.”
● Roll-Fed Thin-Gauge Industrial–Silver: Placon, for the “Paclock.”
● Roll-Fed Thin-Gauge Food – Gold: Lindar Corp., for the “Simply secure tamper obvious hinge package.”
● Roll-Fed Thin-Gauge Food–Silver: Placon, for the “Homefresh entrée.”
● Roll-Fed Thin-Gauge Recycled/Sustainable–Gold. CMI Plastics, for the “Hoppe’s black gun cleaning kit.”
● Cut Sheet Heavy-Gauge Vacuum Forming–Gold: Profile Plastics, for the “Neonatal intensive care unit.”
● Cut Sheet Heavy-Gauge Vacuum Forming–Silver: Say Plastics, for the “Door assembly.”
● Cut Sheet Heavy-Gauge Pressure Forming–Gold: Ray Products, for the “Stratasys 3D printer.”
Plastics Unlimited won the People Choice Award at this Years SPE Thermoforming Division’s Part Competition for this tractor cab roof.
● Cut Sheet Heavy-Gauge Pressure Forming–Silver: Profile Plastics, for the “Motor drive cover.”
● Heavy-Gauge Twin Sheet–Gold: Profile Plastics, for the “Beverage dispensing equipment lid.”
● Cut Sheet Heavy-Gauge TPO–Gold: Kal Plastics, for the “Cab-over front cap.”
● Cut Sheet Heavy-Gauge Parts Produced with Automation and New Technology – Gold: Wilbert Plastics, for the “Medical assembly MRI.”
“This year’s Parts Competition entries really pushed the boundaries in each category,” noted Travis Kieffer, 2019 SPE Thermoforming Parts Competition Chair. “The quantity of submissions doubled this year, and the Division is particularly pleased with their quality.”
Plastics Recyclers of Europe believes that 'colorful’ future trends will weaken the image of PET as a recycled product.
Many conditions must be met to get the best wall distribution in a PET bottle. Skilled operators are, as always, indispensable.
One of the first applications for blow molded HDPE bottles was the replacement of glass for bleach packaging.