Finding the right formulation that works in a process environment is a challenging task that consumes a lot of time - and sometimes even very expensive production test runs. Lab scale equipment is ideal to minimize the development time to validate and optimize the formulation. This webinar highlights a case study to investigate the right material and the right fill. Learn about an optimized process showcasing an enhanced lab scale compounding setup - including loss in weight feeders - and a novel way of creating test specimen straight out of the compounding process. Brabender chose a sustainable approach with a sawdust filler for a typical wood plastic compound formulation.
- Use of gravimetric feeders for stable and consistent results
- More formulations in less time to save costs
- Find the ideal filler fill rate for the best performance and cost
- Learn about space-efficient full lab scale equipment and possibilities
President, C.W. Brabender Instruments
Christoph Pielen studied Mechanical Engineering with the specialization of plastics processing engineering at the RWTH Achen University, Germany.
- 2002-2008: Institute of Plastics Processing (IKV) at RWTH Aachen University. Development & testing of new rubber compounds and rubber foam extrusion.
- 2012-2014: Brabender GmbH, Germany. He joined the team to support international technical sales and customer service.
- 2014- 2019: Brabender CWB, USA. He took over the responsibility as the laboratory manger - chemical division.
- November 2019, Brabender CWB, USA. He was assigned to lead the company as the new President.
- Active member ASTM including plastics, rubber and carbon black.