Davis-Standard Showing Wide Range of Technology, Services
Display features new equipment developments and extended product line capabilities made possible by virtue of recent acquisitions.
Davis-Standard is displaying a diverse cross-section of its extrusion and converting technology, including new equipment developments and its extended product line capabilities by virtue of recent acquisitions of of Maillefer and Gloucester Engineering Company.
“NPE is always an exciting event in terms of industry trends, new product demonstrations, machinery and technology developments,” says Jim Murphy, Davis-Standard president and CEO. “Davis-Standard has significantly expanded in terms of global reach and product offering since the last NPE. This year is poised to be strong for capital equipment investment and we look forward to a productive show.”
Following are highlights of Davis-Standard’s display:
- Aftermarket capabilities: Davis-Standard will promote global field services along with its extensive offering of feedscrews, spare parts, and rebuilds for controls, gearboxes and extruders. This includes technology drive upgrades for processors looking to boost their existing line with new screw design technology, controls technology and consulting services.
- A running TPE tubing line: This high-speed line will feature Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) or Industry 4.0 capability to provide real-time data to help operators and managers optimize their line operation and avoid unplanned downtime. Visitors will be able to witness this technology live at the show.
- HPE extruder rebuilds: Two HPE-A extruders are on display to show how replacing the extruder barrel, feedsection, feedscrew and/or breaker plate can improve extruder efficiency.
- Next generation groove feed extruder: This design showcases Helibar barrel and feedscrew technology for high outputs and excellent melt quality.
- Control system upgrades: Davis-Standard will exhibit upgrades to its EPIC III control system, as well as its next generation DS-eTPC II touch-screen controller.
- New spiral feedscrew design: Engineered for grooved-feed applications, this design offers advantages such as higher regrind levels, improved pressure stability, a wider range of polymers, lower pressure and better energy efficiency.
- Blown film die capabilities: Visitors will be able to learn more about Davis-Standard’s recently completed in-house machining center, which is home to innovative designs that deliver high outputs and reliable gauge control.
- Maillefer technology: Production advantages offered by Maillefer, the latest addition to Davis-Standard’s equipment line, will be exhibited with a DUFD irrigation line driller and ECH extrusion head.
In addition, Davis-Standard will have computerized demonstrations, product samples representing all product lines, and product line videos.
Under attack from fiber cement, PVC siding makers are exploring different technologies to shore up their future.
Just like selecting the extruder size and drive combination, the L/D should be carefully evaluated.
Die buildup, also called die drool, die bleed, or plate-out, can plague any extrusion process.